Ingredients: Spearmint. All agricultural ingredients are organically grown and processed.
Out of stock
Our Pure Organic Spearmint is light, refreshing and invigorating tea to freshen your day. A wonderful caffeine-free herbal tea which is full of flavour as well as antioxidants for a real health kick!
Feels: Refreshed and Restored
The Perfect Brew
- 1 pyramid teabag
- Temp 100℃
- Time 6-8 min
- Water 250 ml
Benefits of Spearmint Tea:
- Soothes Upset Stomach The cooling effect of menthol can improve circulation and relieve inflammation that causes stomach pains.
- Improves Digestion. Menthol relaxes the muscles in the digestive tract, making mint tea a great choice for people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome.
- Treats Bad Breath. The aromatic scent of mint tea helps to camouflage bad breath while antibacterial properties work from within to kill the germs and bacteria that cause bad breath in the first place.
- Combats the Common Cold and Flu. Drinking a hot cup of tea is one of the most popular ways to soothe a sore throat. Mintt tea takes it one step further by relaxing throat muscles that cause an irritating cough. Since menthol is a muscle relaxant, mint tea helps open up airways, relieving congestion and alleviating severe colds such as bronchitis.
- Reduces Fever. One of the main ingredients in mint tea is menthol, which has been shown to help break a fever. Drinking a hot cup of mint tea induces sweating, which is the body’s natural way of cooling down. The extra fluids also encourage detoxification so your body can eliminate the cause of your cold, flu and fever.
- Prevents Nausea. Mint tea has antispasmodic properties that can treat the feelings of nausea and prevent vomiting. The scent of mint can inhibit feelings of nausea while organic compounds in the mint help to soothe stomach muscles that contract and lead to vomiting.
- Reduces Stress. Mint tea is common in aromatherapy and Ayurveda as a way to reduce stress and increase overall wellbeing and peace. That’s because peppermint tea contains natural sedative qualities that help you unwind after a long day.
- Balances Hormone Levels. Another interesting effect of spearmint tea is that it can impact the hormonal balance within our body. There are countless different hormonal interactionsthat define our appearance, behavior, mood, and daily energy cycles, and spearmint tea has been shown to regulate and normalize those chemicals to healthy levels.
- Reduces Hirsutism. A specific hormonal issue that spearmint tea handles, is hirsutism, which is defined as the growth of unwanted hair on certain women’s bodies, due to an unusually high level of androgens.
- Reduces Inflammation. The anti-inflammatory nature of spearmint tea is well-known, and it is commonly used to eliminate headaches and other pains throughout the body, particularly in the joints.
- Soothes a Colicky Baby. Spearmint tea can reduce the discomfort and pain of an infant who is particularly colicky. This can be unpleasant for both the infant and the parents, so a mild dose of spearmint tea can often do the trick. The soothing compounds and relaxing nature of the tea are particularly effective in small doses. However, if you are breastfeeding, you should closely monitor how much spearmint tea you are drinking.